EU Data Subject Privacy Notice
This EU Data Subject Privacy Notice (“EU Privacy Notice”) explains how Synergis Technologies, LLC (“Synergis”, “we”, “us”) fulfills our responsibilities under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in relation to the collection, retention, use, and other processing of personal information that is obtained when EU data subjects visit and interact with our Websites (www.synergis.com, https://www.synergissoftware.com, www.synergis.com/cad, https://portal.synergissoftware.com, https:// experience.synergissoftware.com, https://forum.synergissoftware.com, https://www.synergiscadblog.com, https://www.synergisu.com and https://blog.synergissoftware.com).
Synergis Technologies, LLC is the data controller for our Websites. You can contact us by e-mail sent to email@example.com or by writing to us at the following address:
Synergis Technologies, LLC
18 South Fifth Street, Suite 100
Quakertown, PA 18951
With respect to EU data subjects, the term “personal information” as used in our Privacy Statement is equivalent to the term “personal data” as it is defined in the GDPR. We may collect and process the following personal information when you visit our Websites:
- Contact data. You may provide us with your contact details, such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, email address, or other similar information, which we may use to respond to you or for administrative purposes.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites and record that data in log files. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using our Website, browser type and settings, the date and time that the Website was used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device Information. We may obtain information about devices that access our Websites, including the type of device, its operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data.
- Authentication Data. To verify the identity of registered users on our Websites, we may collect a user name, password, password hint(s), and other similar authentication information.
- Other Information You Provide. This includes emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries and reviews. If you purchase a product, this will include information that is necessary to complete your purchase such as your credit card information.
We do not collect personal information that is considered to be sensitive or special categories of personal data under the GDPR.
Note that our Websites are dynamic. We may introduce new features, which may involve new or different personal information processing activities. If we make a material change to how we process your personal information, we will notify you and may also modify this EU Privacy Notice. If we have relied upon your consent for a particular use of your personal information, we will seek your consent to use such personal information for any other purpose.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide you with customized services
- Ensure the security and integrity of our Websites
- Maintain and promote our Websites
- Analyze and learn about how our Websites are accessed and used
- Manage our customer and partner relationships
- Enforce our legal terms and policies
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights, and property
- Comply with applicable legal requirements.
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Information
We process your personal information pursuant to the following legal bases:
- You have consented to the use of your personal information. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the services and products you request, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To analyze and improve the safety and security of our Websites. This includes implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam, and abuse.
- To maintain and improve our Websites
- To operate our Websites and provide you with certain tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To anonymize personal information and subsequently use the anonymized information.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information:
- With our business partners when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the Websites.
- With our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, authorize and process your payments, manage our advertisements, send marketing and other communications on our behalf, or assist with data storage.
- In order to follow the law or protect rights and interests. For example, we may disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests, or prevent fraud or abuse. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of some or all of our assets.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect personal information from unauthorized disclosure or access and accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information obtained through our Websites.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
We will store your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the performance of our obligations or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the information; the purposes for which we process the information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will delete personal information from our systems and records or take appropriate steps to fully anonymize it.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
Please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. Data protection laws in the U.S. may be different from those in your country of residence.
When we transfer your personal information out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed by the European Commission (“EC”) to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, including the United States, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the EC as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts approved by the EC which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used to transfer your personal information.
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. Subject to certain conditions, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information:
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete your personal information.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis for processing of your personal information.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity prior to processing your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by writing to us at our postal address as provided below, or by submitting a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find information about your data protection regulator here.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us by e-mail sent to email@example.com or by writing to us at the following address:
Synergis Technologies, LLC
18 South Fifth Street, Suite 100
Quakertown, PA 18951
Resources to support your document control and digital transformation initiatives
Register for live, educational webinars conducted by the industry’s most trusted engineering document management experts.